I am an elected commissioner for the Snohomish County Public Utility District, since 2003. Otherwise, I fret and moan about the state of the body politic, finding few solutions but many reasons to vent. If the issues weren’t so darn important, I’d die laughing.
Some biographical notes, in no particular order:
- graduated from Berkeley in 1969 with a degree in history
- completed all of the requirements for a second degree—in philosophy—from what was then known as California State University at Hayward
- born in the state of New York but raised in the San Francisco Bay Area
- selected by the New York Mets in the 1965 draft (I was a senior in high school)
- have worked in various jobs, including: education; insurance; energy policy analysis; and forensic consulting (traffic accident reconstructionist)
- married to a public school teacher
- have two grown kids, both graduates of the University of Washington
On an editorial note: This may not be kosher, but if I see a need to edit a published post I’ll do so, sometimes without mentioning that I have made the change.